Located on the banks of the Thames, this 598 unit mixed use scheme including medium rise apartments with under croft basement has recently received planning permission.
Morgan Structural were appointed by KEEPMOAT to carry out the structural feasibility design for the entire site.
The main challenges where;
- contaminated made ground under the medium rise apartments which included under croft,
- limited on story height resulting in very challenging structural zones,
- limited floor areas for structure within the apartments resulting in blade columns,
- a listed bearpit, which was considered during the design
- the location of the Thames river bank.
Estimated construction value – £120m